Thursday, November 8, 2007
If your Vista x64 system is up to date and Xlight FTP no longer works, the problem is related to Microsoft's Updates enforcing the use of signed drivers. To get it working again, uninstall the following three updates:
posted on Thursday, November 8, 2007 9:04:45 PM (South Africa Standard Time, UTC+02:00)  #    Trackback
 Sunday, November 4, 2007
This is a fix for those of you experiencing slow performance in Windows Vista due to explorer.exe using 100% or high CPU load. This problem is related to the new Vista start menu being configured by default to allow indexing of all files.
posted on Sunday, November 4, 2007 7:01:36 PM (South Africa Standard Time, UTC+02:00)  #    Trackback
 Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Displayed here is a quick lookup comparison between Visual Studio's regular expression and that of the standard Regex syntax.
posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:57:58 PM (South Africa Standard Time, UTC+02:00)  #    Trackback
 Monday, September 10, 2007
Asp.NET 2 has a new class System.Web.VirtualPathUtility which allows you to resolve relative url's without the need of working within a UserControl or Page. This is especially useful if you need to resolve relative url's from within a data layer or object interface.
posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 6:48:32 PM (South Africa Standard Time, UTC+02:00)  #    Trackback
 Monday, July 23, 2007
I've included a quick "DateTime.ToString Format" lookup. Very useful if you're having trouble remembering 40+ DateTime format specifiers.
posted on Monday, July 23, 2007 6:10:33 PM (South Africa Standard Time, UTC+02:00)  #    Trackback
 Monday, July 2, 2007
I ran into a problem using Atlas on my page which resulted in a popup showing me an "Unknown Error" alert.
posted on Monday, July 2, 2007 1:50:01 PM (South Africa Standard Time, UTC+02:00)  #    Trackback
 Thursday, June 7, 2007
Over the course of the next Month I'll begin porting over the Know24 Currency Converter. In the meantime you can find the old Currency page at this URL here.
posted on Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:57:40 PM (South Africa Standard Time, UTC+02:00)  #    Trackback
 Wednesday, June 6, 2007
I had to write a quick method for removing illegal characters from a Windows filename. Wanting to do this in a non standard approach I decided to try out String.Replace() methods overload which accepts a character array as apposed to a string.
posted on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 7:01:24 PM (South Africa Standard Time, UTC+02:00)  #    Trackback