Open Logic has made available a 64bit distribution of CentOS 6.3 specifically for Windows Azure.
Now right off the bat, ZPanel (and other software) will have issues installing on this version primarily because Open Logic's distribution does not include the kernel header packages. For more information on this issue, see the discussion here
So this short amending guide is going to help you setup zPanel on windows Azure using the CentOS 6.3 VM. Note this guide expects that you have setup your CentOS Virtual Machine in Windows Azure and you are familiar the the basic Linux command line.
- SSH into your VM using the username: azureuser and the password you chose during the VM setup process.
- Once logged in, change the root accounts password and exit SSH.
- Reconnect again via SSH as the root user.
- execute # yum update
- execute # yum --disableexcludes=main install kernel-headers-2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.openlogic.x86_64
- Now you are ready to follow the official zPanel CentOS Install guide
Once you have completed the installation, open port 80 (HTTP) on your VM via the endpoint management page and then browse to your VM's DNS or IP and you should now see the zPanel login page.